If your child does decide to attend and at any time changes their mind, we will gladly take them back to the family room or the library at the Philadelphia chapel.
The Safe Room
- This is a wonderful place, designed for children of all ages.
- Infants can play without disturbing the congregation as you listen to the service and watch your child.
- Older children use the room to talk about the death and their grief. They also receive books and videotapes to take with them to comfort them later.
- Some children choose to write letters and draw pictures to express their feelings.
- Some children will play until the service begins.
We do encourage the children to attend the funeral service, but they are welcome to stay in the Safe Room if they choose.
The room creates a place for children to feel safe. They are allowed to talk, read, draw or just play. What they will remember is that a funeral home isn’t a scary place. It’s a place where they can feel sad, think about loved ones and learn to understand and deal with their feelings.